How to install vSphere Client 6.0 on Windows Server 2012 R2
In this post, we’ll learn the steps to install vSphere client 6.0 on Windows Server 2012 R2. In the old post, we learned the steps to install and configure VMWare ESXi 6.0 and steps to install VMWare vCenter Server 6.0. The vSphere Client (VSC) is used to connect to the ESXi hosts or vCenter Server. Through VSC we can create, access, manage virtual machines on the ESXi servers. Installation of VSC requires prerequisites like Micosoft .Net 3.5 installed on a computer. But if the system doesn’t have Microsoft .Net 3.5 installed on it then this pre-requisite will be installed automatically but requires an active internet connection.
Steps to install vSphere Client 6.0 on Windows Server 2012 R2
Download the ISO image of VCenter Server from VMWare site and burn the same in DVD. Insert the DVD on the Computer on which you want to install vSphere Client.
1. Run the auto install and on vmware vSphere console, click on “Install” to install vSphere client 6.0 on Windows Server 2012 R2.
2. On VMware vSphere Client 6.0 – InstallShield Wizard console, select the default language and click on Ok. We have selected “English (United States)” as default language in this practical.
3. On Welcome to the insallation wizard for VMware vSphere Client 6.0 console, click on Next to continue the installation of VMWare VSC 6.0.
4. On End User License Agreement console, read the end user license agreement, select “I accept the terms in the license agreement” and click on Next to continue. Next button would not be activated until you accept the End User License Agreement.
5. On Destination Folder console, we can select different folder in which we want to install the VSC by clicking on Change. Click on next to continue the installation process. By default the location of VSC installation is “C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\”.
6. On “Ready to Install the Program”, Click on Install to start the installation process.
7. On Installing VMware vSphere Client 6.0 console, we can see the status of the insallation process. This installation may take several minutes depending on the configuration of your system.
8. Once the installation of VMWare VSC 6.0 is successfully completed. You can see an icon of vSphere Client on the desktop. Double click on the icon to start using the same.